Sunday, August 23, 2009

new updates and baby update

Wow, time really flies by!

Chris and I recently bought a house and have been moved into our new place for about 2 weeks now. We really love it here! There are still boxes in just about every room, but we're slowly getting things organized and completed. Chris just finished painting the baby's room yesterday and put together the crib today. After the room airs out a little more we'll start putting all baby things into his room.

Friends Alison, Esther, Amy and my mom put together a baby shower for Chris and I. We did a co-ed baby shower and it turned out to be so nice! We had a lot of fun and it was great seeing so many friends and family together. We got most everything we needed for baby, and now, just down to a few items left needed to buy... crib mattress, lots of diapers ;), and random odds and ends.

I've realized lately we do have a lot left to do... (or so it feels that way because baby is coming REALLY soon!) I've pinned a pediatrician that is more in-line with our thinking when it comes to immunizations (which is super hard to find!) and drugs/antibiotics, but I need to set an appointment to meet with her. Chris is more on the fence with these issues, but I don't want us going to a pediatrician that will make us feel "forced" to go in a certain direction or terminate services if we say "no" to certain things. I don't believe in "no immunizations" but I do think they should be spaced out...I believe babies do not need certain immunizations all at once at such a young age. Getting a pediatrician is pretty important, so I need to get that set up this week.

Someone asked if my hospital bag was packed... No, not packed. I think I'll end up being last minute with that task. I do have a rough birth plan typed out and do know what I want to bring to the hospital. We need to get the car seat installed in the next couple weeks...maybe this next weekend if we can...and get it inspected. I need to wash all baby clothes, blankets, bottles, etc... Figure out how to use the breast pump...that'll be a little strange. And lots of other little things that would be good to do before going into labor.

I am curious about the type of pain I'll be feeling in labor...most moms say they just can't describe it..which is hard for me to understand because I'd like to believe you can describe just about anything with words...especially since childbirth has been done for centuries. I'm 35 weeks and 3 days along so it's not that long from now that I'll be experiencing it myself. :|

1 comment:

  1. Yay! :) Thanks for the update! Let me know if you need any help with anything! The baby shower was fun! Glad I can be there to help with it all too.

    ReplyDelete